Thursday, April 18, 2013
Executive summary / policy recommendations:
Several of the main issues with the code, and why they require change, are illustrated in the attached briefing.
1. Lobbyists should respect a cooling-off period before hiring high-level public officials;
2. Lobbyists must not employ or pay MEPs or their assistants;
3. Clarity needed over “inappropriate behaviour”;
4. Open discussion about cash-for-access/influence;
5. Better monitoring and enforcement.
Download full document as pdf: