The Alliance for Lobbying Transparency and Ethics Regulation (ALTER-EU) is a coalition of over 200 public interest groups and trade unions concerned with the increasing influence exerted by corporate lobbyists on the political agenda in Europe, the resulting loss of democracy in EU decision-making and the postponement, weakening, or blockage even, of urgently needed progress on social, environmental and consumer-protection reforms.
ALTER-EU is governed by a Steering Committee whose members are:
- Helen Darbishire, Access Info Europe: helen[at]access-info.org
- Paul de Clerck, Friends of the Earth Europe: Paul.declerck[at]foeeurope.org
- William Dinan, SpinWatch: Will[at]spinwatch.org
- Olivier Hoedeman, Corporate Europe Observatory: Olivier[at]corporateeurope.org
- Nina Katzemich, LobbyControl: Nina.katzemich[at]lobbycontrol.de
- Jorgo Riss, Greenpeace European Unit: Jorgo.riss[at]greenpeace.org
- Yuklan Wong, European Federation of Journalists: yuklan.wong[at]ifj.org
More information about steering committee members can be found here.
The coalition has a part time Coordinator based in Brussels (Claudio Cesarano) and occasional interns.
The work of ALTER-EU is supported by ALTER-EU asbl, an organisation with legal not for profit status registered under Belgian law, which looks for and administrates funding opportunities and provides administrative support to allow the Coalition to organise its activities.
You can find a list of our Members here
You can find our founding statement and list of signatories here